Friday, April 4, 2014

New Refreshed Studio! Oh It Feels Great!

cI love when there is a chance to refresh or update something. Change is good and I love change. Bring. It. On.

As we moved into our home 1 1/2 years ago, I had no idea that I'd be changing one of the rooms into a studio. Well, it's here! I can't be more excited about it! There are things I want to change and things that are yet to come. For example, I want some really great shelves to display photos and props. I just can't decide which shelving units are quite right for the spaces I want them. I also have a wall mount system in the works to display rolls of backdrops. 

I couldn't wait to share a few images about the space. 


The corner with all the goodies. I used great IKEA cubbies to store textured backdrops, rugs, fabrics, etc. I have a dresser to story seasonal props, fabric backdrops, clamps, signs, goodies, etc. Of course, you can see some of the children's furniture that has been collected in this room. More are scattered around the house. 


 I have the current fabrics rolled on old large wooden curtain rods, baseboards, rolls of paper, etc stood in the corner for safe keeping. Can't you see it now? A create organizational system to display beautiful fabrics on this huge wooden curtain rods. I know, right! It'll be great.

The dresser is full of great things. The top is so important. It's where I organize myself for each shoot. I have two baskets, each serve their crucial purpose. I'd like to point out the little basket on the floor to the left. It's full of diapers (sizes newborn-5) and wipes. It's always great to have extras as back up and wipes for cake smashes! ~ This momma is always (tries to be) prepared!~


One basket is for all the silly toys, noise makers, and favorite characters to help engage with each of the cuties I meet. Notice the cat toy on a long stick in the back, it might be one of my greatest finds!!! It can tickle while I shoot from a distance and mom and/or dad (grandma's too) can assist to bring some silly belly giggles. 


The second basket is for some of the props that I would like to use with each kiddo. Sometimes, it's signs, rags, numbers, flowers, pinwheels, etc. It changes for each client. 


I love this space as I spend so my time here :)
The cubbies are just for me (and my kiddos, some of their workbooks and activities are in these cubbies also.) These shelves contain my manuals, books, office supplies, business managing systems, etc, etc, etc. 


 You may notice my mug of tea. I always have one sitting on my desk. I may consume 4-7 cups of tea a day. I do switch out to various flavors (and caffeine levels) as the day progresses. 

I have a great space beside my desk for a few stands. Each serve a different purpose. 


I love all the light that floods the room each day! 


Such an open space to set up a few shots at a time and photograph larger groups inside. 


It's a work in progress but I love the steps taken so far! More to come as things are updated and installed.

I've spent some time thinking about how to make a 'client wall of fame' and it finally came to me while figuring out what to do with some great flea market finds. 
1.Old picture frame with chicken wire, fabric, and some thin MDF as backing; add some small hooks to the bottom for headbands
2. a basket for props and outfits for the upcoming shoot
3. hand sanitizer for between shoots and the dirty diaper change
4. drawers to store out of season props and fabrics



Great frames from a few places to show off just a few amazing people, a fun old doll cradle for the little ones that visit, and several backdrops for all types of shoots





Old reclaimed windows taken from a 1930's home, light coat of paint, cleaned up glass, and now a great place to show off some the best clients in the world. I think I need more because I seriously have the people families!!! 
 A great little way to welcome guests, a mirror, place to hang a light jacket, and a few CUTE faces to welcome you! 

 A collection of cute chairs and stools that keeps growing, I have more that are scattered around the home. My own little ones like to use them when playing and reading. 



No comments:

Post a Comment